Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Recipe Sharing: Mushroom and Cheese Quiche

I tried a new recipe last night

Mushroom and cheese quiche!

1 cup bisquick
2 cups milk
4 eggs
Mushrooms
Shredded cheese (recipe calls for Swiss, I used cheddar)
Salt and Pepper

In greased pie pan sprinkle cheese and mushroom. In bowl, blend eggs, milk, bisquick, salt and pepper. Add to pie pan. Bake 40 min at 400 degrees. (until knife in center comes out clean). Let cool 5 min, cut and serve. Bisquick serves as crust instead of the usual pie crust.

While it was baking, I made a strawberry and romaine salad with raspberry vinagriette dressing.

I told Brenden I had a taste for quiche after I saw it in a cookbook. Brenden thought I was strange, who has a taste for quiche?!

I thought it was good, although next time I would add more veggies, like tomatoes or green pepper. Brenden thought it would be good with sausage too.

Have you tried any new recipes? I'd love to hear about them! :)

1 comment: